When it comes to solar panels, monocrystalline panels always seem to have an edge over their counterparts. In fact, monocrystalline solar panels are famous for being considerably more efficient than polycrystalline variants. They are also known to perform better in high heat and lower light, which is why we at Oriana recommend these types of panels above all.
Having spent years being in business with top monocrystalline solar panel manufacturers in India, we know exactly how efficient solar panels made from monocrystalline cells can be. As such, we would like to make an irrefutable case in favor of such solar panels with this article.
We will dive deep to understand what monocrystalline panels are, how they work, what features they possess, their benefits, and ultimately tell you why you should only buy monocrystalline solar panels from Oriana.
What are Monocrystalline Solar Panels?
Simply put, a monocrystalline solar panel is a panel that is made out of monocrystalline solar cells. A special cylindrical silicon ingot, which is grown from a single crystal of high purity, is used to make such cells. The cylindrical-shaped ingot is sliced into wafers, thus forming cells.
These circular wafers are later wire cut to form an octagonal-shaped wafer in a bid to maximize utility. This distinct octagonal shape is a defining feature of monocrystalline solar panels. Moreover, all the cells comprising the panel have a uniform color.
How Monocrystalline Panels Work?
Monocrystalline panels absorb the sunlight that falls onto them via the cells. This absorbed sunlight is then used to create an electric field. This resulting electric field possesses voltage and current, which together generates power (indicated by the equation – Power = Voltage and Current)
The generated power can be used to run devices that operate on direct current (DC). The power can also be transformed into alternative current (AC), with the help of an inverter.
Features of a Monocrystalline Solar Panel
The solar cells used to make monocrystalline solar panels are among the only three types of materials that display photovoltaic properties. As such, monocrystalline panels boast features that are normally considered better than all other types of solar panels available out there.
The most prominent features of a monocrystalline solar panel is as follows
- Greater Heat resistance
- Longevity of up to 30 years
- Cells coated with silicon nitride to reduce reflection and increase sunlight absorption.
- Higher efficiency in producing energy
- Metal conductors printed onto cells to collect generated electricity
- Pyramid patterned cells, resulting in a larger surface area to collect more sunlight.
Benefits of Monocrystalline Solar Panels
Due to its many features, monocrystalline solar panels can be used to reap a variety of benefits. Some of which are as follows
- Monocrystalline solar panels are more efficient than their contemporary variants. As such, they can produce more energy for the same area as opposed to other solar panels.
- These panels are especially beneficial for powering vast tracts of uncultivable land.
- The panels can be used for both personal and commercial purposes
- They are perfect for lighting up gardens or generating electricity for street lighting.
- Smaller panels that generate 5 to 25 W of energy can be used to charge phones, laptops, and cameras.
- Larger panels that generate 40 to 130 W of energy can be used to power high-wattage appliances like microwave ovens and washing machines.
Why Choose Oriana as your Solar Panel Distributor in India?
Oriana has been a leading dealer of monocrystalline solar panels in India since 2014. In that time span, we’ve helped power many residential and commercial edifices with pure solar energy that is produced by highly efficient monocrystalline solar panels.
Oriana India Group is the leading sustainability partner for leading Monocrystalline solar panel manufacturers in the country. As such, you can rest assured that we only offer best-in-class solar products to our customers across India. With offices spread across 4 major cities, we supply premium quality monocrystalline solar panels all over India.
Contact us today to learn more about monocrystalline solar panels and how we can assist in their installation to serve your desired purpose.